Saturday, May 8, 2010

Nonsense!

Baby Bear had his 15 month appointment today. Unfortunately, he's started associating the nurses with vaccines, so getting him measured and weighed was quite the chore. He was terrified. To weigh him, I had to hold him and step on the scale, then weigh myself and subtract the difference. There was no way he was going to sit still in the baby scale.
The good news: Baby Bear has gained a pound! Yay! Bad news: His growth is still dropping off. Here's the nonsense part of the story. The doctor told me not to worry about his weight, but I should try to get him to eat more. Well, that leads me to believe you're still concerned about his growth, doctor, so it's too late. I am worried.
The doctor also said that Baby Bear should be saying 5 words by now. He is not. He has one word; Daddy. I'm supposed to make an effort to read to him more and just encourage him to talk. Yeah, buddy, like I haven't been doing that already. I don't know how I am going to read to him more. Baby Bear won't sit still for a book. Maybe I don't have enough age-appropriate books. I will take him to the library see what they have available.
Yesterday was my birthday. Papa Bear surprised me with a nice night out. We went to The Melting Pot. (Nom nom nom, it was sooooooooooooo good.) He even arranged the babysitter; all as a surprise. He came down and told me to be ready to go by 7:30, and I agreed, but asked who would be watching the baby. He replied that he had taken care of it. Um, no. You're going to tell me who is watching my baby or I am going to freak out about it all day long.  (It was a good friend of mine-he chose well.) We had a really nice time. It was the first time we went out together without the baby since our anniversary last year. =) We need to get out more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

May I make a suggestion? I had a hard time getting my daughter to sit still for a book as well... she just wouldn't be read to. So I started reading to her when she had no other option but to stay in one place... the bathtub! While she's in the tub, after she's all washed and clean, I'll read her a story. Sometimes she's completely into the story, and other times she half listens and half plays with her toys. She also likes books that have a little rhythm to them. Things like Dr. Seuss, where they're more metered and rhythmic. Anything else, and she just kind of zones out. Good Luck!

Post a Comment