Thursday, January 14, 2010

Not an Auspcious Day

Today was rough. I won't go into details, but Baby Bear is learning to test the limits. It's been a trying day, but I had a good, long talk (text?) with a good friend and I'm feeling much more centered. Zen.
Sometimes you have to step back and take a breather in order to get a grip on things. In my quest to become the "Best Mom Ever", I have to realize that even the best moms aren't perfect. Being the best mother to your child requires constant, minute changes to your parenting. Every day presents itself with some new challenge. Constantly moving, constantly meeting the changing needs of your child. (It sounds exhausting when you think of it that way!) All in all, today taught me a few things. First, don't believe everything you read. Second, though it was rough, I know one day I'll look back and laugh when I think, "Remember the day Baby Bear tried to eat the Christmas ornaments?".  One day I'll miss that. When I'm frustrated that he won't nap in his crib, I have to remember that he won't always want to snuggle with me on the couch. I have to take each day, one step at a time. I can't rush him.  They say God won't give you more than you can handle. He must me smiling at me, struggling with the handful he's sent my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment