Sunday, August 23, 2009

I know, I promised.

I promised to put those pictures up, and here it is nearly two weeks later and I have not done it. Sorry. I'll try to get on it this week.
Nothing much new here. I've pretty much decided not to apply for that job, for a number of reasons. Because my whole paycheck would be going to child care, I'd be working for free. Which isn't a big deal, but I can't wrap my head around having someone else watch Baby Bear. I know other people do it all the time, and there are laws and regulations caregivers must abide by, but I'm just uneasy about it. I feel like someone would totally ignore my parenting style and do something I am completely against, like letting Baby Bear cry for hours. I mean, I don't instantaneously pick him up when he starts to fuss, but that is because I usually know what he wants. I know when he gets hungry, I know when he gets tired, I know when he's just bored. I feel like other people wouldn't pick up on that quickly enough, or would try to let him cry it out at naptime instead of spending five minutes rocking him. So, perhaps when he is one or one and a half, our financial situation may allow me to go back to work comfortably, and I can afford the excellent daycare I took a tour of. I'm still rather torn. I don't want to miss any opportunities for myself, but I feel like I might be more comfortable leaving him with someone when he is older.
The cloth diapering is going really well. We are saving a ton of money-all because we don't have to buy disposable diapers. I almost wish we would have started this sooner! Well, it would have been impossible in the apartment. The washer and dryer were so small I was constantly doing laundry. I couldn't have kept up with the amount of diapers he goes through. Making my own baby food is also going well. I just need to devote more time to it. I feel like I'm always running out, even though I have a nice stockpile of foods. I would be happier if I had more stored up. I made a big batch this weekend. I still have apples, plums and oatmeal to make. I hope I can get to that tomorrow while Baby Bear naps. He seems to enjoy everything I've made so far, even peas! (I know,Oma and Opa, he can't possibly be my child if he likes peas! Haha!) I guess I just need to get to work on these things, instead of the sleeping...
I've been sleeping so much lately. I go to bed at about 10:30. Baby Bear gets up at about 5:30. This should be plenty of sleep, but most mornings, after I feed him and change him, we'll go snuggle on the couch and I always fall asleep. I need to get the coffee brewing in the mornings. I know when I had to get up at 5:00AM for work on Saturdays and Sundays, coffee was just about the only thing that got me through until 9AM when I finally "woke up". I'll make a pot tomorrow. I need to get things done around here! The house is a scary mess, I have laundry to put away! Ugh! I need a helper with Baby Bear around. He can't keep himself entertained for long.
Anyway, that's enough complaining for one day. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment